At ElderCare Solutions (ECS), we understand that responsibility for an older adult can feel overwhelming. Many of the people who call for the first time are uncertain about what to say and what to expect.
Here is information about what you can expect and how to prepare for your first call with ECS.
Getting Ready to Call
No preparation is necessary for most people. Our experienced nurses know the questions to ask and understand the distress many callers are experiencing. However, we have found that some people feel more comfortable making a first call with some preparation. For those people, here is a list of the types of information that will be helpful.
- Information about the older adult
- Be sure to include their medical condition, mental status, living situation, and financial/insurance situation.
- Information about support systems
- It is helpful to know about family members, healthcare professionals, legal professionals, social service supports and caregivers.
- Information about recent changes
- Many first calls to ECS are prompted by a change, such as a medical crisis, a death, a move, or a life situation change.
- Questions about ECS
- It is important for you to feel comfortable with the partner you select for sharing the care of your loved one. We encourage people to ask about our organization, services and values. See Selecting the Right Provider for a list of questions to ask any provider.
What to Expect When You Call
When you call ECS at 630.416.2140, you have an opportunity to speak to one of our experienced geriatric nurses. She will listen carefully to all your concerns, and ask important questions about the older adult and their situation. At the end of your conversation, you will decide together whether ECS services are right for you and if so, which next steps would be best. Regardless of the outcome, there is no charge to callers for the initial call.
We understand the urgency which surrounds most first calls to ECS and we make every effort to respond to callers immediately. However, because our staff is usually out caring for our older adult clients, you may be asked to leave a message. If you leave a message, you can expect a return call within one business day.