To protect a vulnerable older adult, families or other concerned individuals may determine that protections afforded by legal guardianship would be in the individual's best interests. At the request of legal professionals, ElderCare Solutions has established an affiliated not-for-profit corporation – ElderGuardians – to assume legal responsibility as court-appointed Guardians.
The geriatric nurses of ElderGuardians ensure the elder is receiving the most appropriate and compassionate care through:
- Regular visits with the elderly person to evaluate level of satisfaction and comfort
- Continuous monitoring of all aspects of care
- Regular communication with all caregivers and healthcare providers
- Attendance at case conferences with medical, legal and caregiver representatives
ElderGuardian staff report regularly on the status of the elder and care plan through:
- Thorough and expert reports to the Court
- Timely communication with other interested parties
If you are considering guardianship for an older adult, we encourage you to call ECS at 630.416.2140 to discuss whether ElderGuardian services may be an option for you.